Wednesday, December 31, 2008

'08 Ends... the Gallery Kicks into High Gear!



Wow, where does the time go? I seriously cannot believe that yet aNOTHer year has slipped away. I guess it's true that time waits for no one. Sometimes I think I need about six more of me, just to get everything done! Gabe (yes, THAT Gabe) begs to differ with my conclusion, however, and has no trouble stating his opinion, in his outdoor voice nonetheless, that one of me is plenty for him and this world to handle. Ok, for him, maybe, but the whole world? I'm not buying it... and I'm going to find a compliment in there somewhere... :)

I continue to meet some really great people during the course of promoting the Gallery and networking, people that hopefully I will get to know better and maybe even work with at some point. When you get a chance, stop in to see Donna at The Sugar Lane. Her website is full of wonderful information- and do not leave without seeing her pics! She is a self-taught decorator (like me) and she does fabulous work. I had a blast browsing her site.

Our first print ad started in the City Paper last week- and I forgot! lol I know, right? I have been so swamped that I completely forgot that the Gallery ad went live. But I'm still very excited about it. Even though I haven't actually seen it... remember the good ol' days when a publication that ran your ad would send you a complimentary copy so you could see the ad? Nowadays, you're pointed to the nearest newsstand. lol I guess I should track down an issue to make sure it's there, and of course to ad it to our media kit. One more thing to ad to the to-do list. I'll do better at keeping up with the next ad launch... when I recall what that is... :)

Another thing to mention: we've made it super easy to reserve an Exhibit (booth), entry and display space, etc. You can do it online now- just visit our Eventbrite page for details, and use PayPal or Google checkout. E-A-S-Y! The actual paperwork will still need to be submitted, but that's not a problem- drop it in the mail, or email it if you have a scanner (sorry, I don't fax anymore). We still accept checks in the mail, if you prefer- that's perfectly fine and your choice. Around here, we just like providing options.

Enjoy extra rich and insanely decadent dessert tonite... it IS New Year's Eve, you know...

No comments: