Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Updates, Progress, and Reminders!





The past week has been so hectic, so crazy, and so productive! We have been meeting people, developing sites, creating ads, and networking, all in an effort to produce an amazing event and introduce our brand. I am bursting at the seams to share the latest exciting news, but I've been sworn- SWORN- to secrecy for the time being, just so details can be perfected and finalized. I WILL say, though, that I have come in contact with some pretty amazing people in developing this event, and sugar artists LOVE their craft and are willing to shout it from the rooftops when given the chance! Equally as fabulous, the foodie community rocks! :)

As always, I run across TONS of unique information on the web during my many quests for the latest, greatest, and funnest (lol) food, chef, mag, and site. Believe me when I tell you that I spend a lot of time online. A bunch. When you think about it, the Internet is the most vast (visit the entire world on your laptop), convenient (open ALL the time), all-purpose (find anything about anything), resource there is. I love, love, LOVE email, and my interest in food runs deep- I want to see it, experience it, hear about it, create it, and share it with the world. I want to bring the best of the best that I can find to one place and share it with anyone and everyone who is interested. I want to educate and excite others about food, desserts, and chocolates, just to let them know there is so much more out there, and, well, since you have to eat anyway, might as well make it the best it can be!

Here are a few interesting sites and articles I've run across, mixed in with a few of my favs... Foodbuzz, 44 Surprising Things You Can Eat, Chocolate Showpiece, Local Wine Events, and Pastry Profiles.

I'll also take a quick moment to remind you that (1) for the rest of December, Gallery tickets are HALF PRICE when you purchase two. We all know the economy is a mess right now, but we still have to live, eat, have fun, and maintain in order to weather the financial crisis. Life is what you make it, and instead of freaking out and being depressed about what I don't have, I choose to have fun with what I DO have- and can create! AND, (2) to be included in our first round of promo, you'll need to secure your Exhibit space (booth) and reserve your demo space NOW. I know, finances again- we'll work that out once you contact us. (3) If you are a business owner, now is NOT the time to stop promoting your company, products, and/or services. You need to find creative avenues to get in front of your consumer- and what better way to do that than a super affordable space that you can use as you desire at a custom event created just for you and the people near and far who love what you do (customers-to-be)!

Merchandise and more is the perfect way to show your support! Enjoy dessert tonite!

1 comment:

Gayle Forster said...

I read your blog on Nashvillefashiongroup.org and Lord we sound like twins! I am interested in hearing more about your event. It sounds fun and right up my alley!
Take care and take big deep breaths! LOL
Gayle
http://chrissyandcoco.com