Sunday, December 28, 2008

What a Week!

I guess I should say TWO weeks- they have been crazy! But I'm sure most everyone can say the same thing. Even though I'm not a huge holiday person, I have to adapt because the rest of the world is (family included), and I'm on the rest of the world's schedule. :) Throw in a birthday exactly one week before Christmas, and a couple of what seemed like never-ending baking sessions (cupcakes AND cookies), and you have the makings for, well, a crazy two weeks! I do, however, hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas, and that all will have a safe but bangin' New Year!

The Sugar Is Art Gallery is moving along, though, and I'm getting more excited with every day that passes! We've done soooo much research and made soooo many contacts that I feel like I know everything there is to know about sugar art and cupcakes and chocolates (I know I don't, it just feels like I do! lol). I'm so happy to share all of that with anyone and everyone interested in receiving it, and soon- SOON- I will. As we're moving toward the 2009 show, only a couple of short months away, we're also working on the 2010 event. This one, as it stands now, will be a two-day Gallery, and if we keep receiving demonstrators and professionals to conduct classes, we'll have to go to three days. Since our goal is to showcase the industry, we'll make room for everyone who wishes to participate, as we want the biggest, most informative event we can create. Now, to find the perfect place for a multi-day sweetstravaganza... sorry, I couldn't resist. :)

I've found lots more cool sites and blogs to share- I'll give you a few (minus descriptions but with links and my total adoration) here: Bakerella, Bake or Break, Masala Chocolates, and Food Infinity.

I'll get more to you soon... but for now, I have an enormous mailing list to tame. Gallery tickets are discounted through the end of the year, so take advantage of the savings and get yours now!

Finally for now, Gabe's Gurl is working on some fun food events that anyone even remotely interested in culinary finds and gourmet treats will really enjoy- the foodie inside will rejoice! They will make wonderful date nights, girls nights out, and fabulous gifts for the person in your life who has everything. Those details will be coming your way shortly...

Enjoy dessert tonite!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Melissa

I just got the email you sent about the Sugar is art gallery in Nashville and I am sooo excited I will be attending as well as creating something to display. I will get signed up here as soon as I can like I said I just read your email you sent me. I really enjoyed reading your blog, it is so great to get a feel of what a person is like through their blog. I will be in touch very soon.

Donna Lane in Ohio

Melissa aka Gabe's Gurl said...

Hey, Donna!

Thanx for taking the time to write- wonderful news that you will be joining us, and I can't wait to meet you! The kindness of people like you make all of my efforts worthwhile.... think I'll celebrate with a cupcake- mini, of course... ;)