Thursday, December 4, 2008

Creating Special Events


I have always been a planner by nature. No matter what the situation, I remember as early as junior high looking ahead to possible outcomes and weighing out scenarios. If I have to make a post office run, I'm thinking about the other things I can accomplish on that trip. No, not just the average errand-running plan- most everyone does that. I have to save maximum time and energy, and I need to know what I'm planning to do well in advance of doing it, and what else I can do at the same time to get more done. lol I organize my runs by taking into consideration the time of day for traffic and parking issues, the side of the street in relation to the direction I am travelling and whether I have to deal with oncoming traffic, etc. I know, it sounds silly and extreme. I am a multi-tasking nightmare- but it totally works!

Creating an event such as the Sugar Is Art Gallery- or any event even remotely similiar- is a lot of work. It is totally detail driven and time consuming. It's a good thing that I'm driven by passion and a love for the game! I totally take on a challenge with gusto, and am ready to surprise even myself at what can be accomplished. I spend a LOT of time researching, planning, designing, developing, thinking, contacting, negotiating, networking- did I mention researching? And negotiating? I work all hours of the day and night, as it's easier to do my internet scouring at night when I don't have to answer the phone and the family is tucked in and, if I'm lucky, actually sleeping. And did I mention how much I dislike phones? We have a love/hate relationship- I swear, sometimes I'm ready to toss my Dash off a bridge. :) Anyone who knows me knows to send an email if they really want to reach me, because there is a 4% chance that I will answer the phone. lol

Creating an event is hard work, we've established. Now create mutiple similar but different events, going at the same time, and you have Gabe's Gurl Event Productions. But we love what we do, and we do it well. We look forward to taking Nashville by storm, and really doing amazing events to for our guests and clients. We have a website in development, and a few fun promos to announce shortly with local businesses to allow us all super-affordable advertising and professional relationship building for our businesses.

If you haven't checked out the cool Gallery merchandise, go here and here to see it now.
So much more to come...

Eat Dessert Tonite!

No comments: