Friday, December 12, 2008

The Gallery Goods





Visit Cafepress and Printfection to get your own and support the Gallery!

I would be completely out of order if I didn't share our wonderful merchandise here! Todd, the graphic designer I raved about earlier, created some fabulous logos for us to work with- just wait until you see the other event we're creating (think FOOD)! In the meantime, we absolutely appreciate your support of our endeavors.

I can't believe it's already Friday! This has been one hectic week, and a crazy one if you include the total snow-out we received Thursday evening that has all melted today (just enough to cancel school, of course!). I have been on the phone the majority of it. As much as I loathe the phone, my personal misery will sooo pay off for you, Gallery attendees, in a huge way. I am so committed to seeing this event have a beautiful and successful launch, that I will work tirelessly to reach sweet victory. Just for the record, the 2009 Gallery is a "soft" economy-friendly launch. The BIG cookie- a multi-day sugar extravaganza- is slated for 2010! Yes, it IS aleady in the works already, and some big names will be on board. No, you'll have to wait for the details. lol Let's get through this one first. :)

Someone asked during a recent conversation why we're doing this event. After thinking for a moment, I responded that I love food- not the gorge-yourself-until-you're-sick-and-567-pounds kind of love. I love the ART of food. I love combining raw ingredients, like sugar, butter, eggs, and flour, and seeing them transform into a luscious thick batter, then into a moist delicious hunk of cake just waiting for its crowning icing glory. My passion for food is way more passionate than I can explain to you here. I know, I know- unless you are a foodie, you totally wouldn't understand. I am particularly fond of the amazing things that can be done with cake, chocolate, plain old sugar, and other creative sweet mediums. I loved the reaction of a customer picking up a sculpted cake order ("Oh my goodness- that's CAKE?!"), or a bride seeing her wedding cake for the first time displayed at the reception ("It's just beautiful, better than I imagined- THANK YOU!"), even a stuffed-to-the-brim-and-loosening-his-belt customer pulling me to his table to say "Hey, could you teach my wife to cook like this? But don't tell her I sent you!". Those moments made it all worth it.

My goal is to share my passion for food and enhance other people's dining and food experiences by encouraging the utmost appreciation for cuisine. I want people to indulge every sense and be exposed to the vast options available to them, and the talented chefs and artisans who can provide it for them. Everyone has to eat, right? May as well do it in the most amazing, delicious, festive, and glamourous fashion possible!

You know, I would feed anyone and everyone for absolutely free if God would bless me with the means to do so... but we all know that, with Him, all things are possible, so you just never know how this company will grow...

Enjoy dessert tonite!

No comments: