Sunday, January 11, 2009

Gallery Updates and Treats



This has been a super busy and productive week (or has it been two?) and I'm really tired and still trying to play catch-up from family visits and meetings, but wanted to post a quick note to verify that my existence and efforts continue! :)

I also want to introduce you to Aleia, who just joined GGEP and is hard at work on the Gallery. You'll get to meet her soon, and may have occasion to talk with her before the event.

The behind-the-scenes efforts to pull together a fabulous launch event continues, and we still are being creative, and meeting people, and involving all sorts of fun sugar art and themed goodies. Since the purpose of this event is to celebrate the art of sugar and sugar as art, don't be surprised to see lots of non-edible creations that resemble and make you think of the real stuff- and we'll take extra care to indicate what can be eaten and what should just be admired. :)

This event is a personal mission and goal for me, and I really hope that guests, attendees, and friends really fully realize that the Gallery is a labor of love, a personal passion brought to life in Nashville simply because I love the art, I love beautiful food, and luscious dessert, and creative treats. It simply is amazing to me, and I want to share that so others can appreciate an art form that does not receive all the recognition that it should, especially here in Middle Tennessee.

I'm thinking of starting a site for food lovers, a site that offers free membership and members will talk food, share recent dining experiences, have meet-n-greets- basically a community of foodies. We'll be the source for posting and advertising food events and happenings, and will talk about new products and eateries and chefs and bakeries. I have NO IDEA what this undertaking would be called- but it should embrace both food and dessert lovers. Any ideas?

A new promo will be going out this week, that will offer anyone who wishes to have a place at the Gallery a less-expensive option than our already super-cheap Exhibits. That is being written up now, and should hit mailboxes by Tuesday. Remember, the best rate for Exhibits expires on Jan 15, so get those reservations and display entries in NOW! I was asked if you can sell- yes you can, and we don't take a penny in percentage. I never really understood that one. This new option will be for those who DON'T want to sell, but maybe give out coupons and flyers and samples, and show some displays. We really, really, really appreciate your support, and are looking forward to a great event. Bakers, pastry pros, chocolatiers, confectioners, and sugar artsits- THIS EVENT IS FOR YOU! We love what you do!

A small HINT: I want to tell you more about what's going on and who you'll see... and I will soon... please don't hold this against me... BUT I will give you a HINT to one of our special guests: check out the fabulous pictures for a glimpse of who's in store!

I'm so excited (and so nervous at the same time!) to have been invited to the Middle TN's ACF chapter monthly meeting next week, to visit with the chefs and present GGEP and the Gallery. Since GGEP will be focusing on the food industry, this is a great chance to meet this esteemed chef organization and get them involved in and supportive of what we're doing. Wish me luck PLEASE, and pray that I don't pass out- or worse- in front of them. I like to stay out of the spotlight, so this is completely freaking me out. lol

Finally for now, we are also organizing a Dessert Social that will take place Saturday evening before the Gallery. It will be a dressy casual event where you can meet the exhibitors and professionals and event organizers and basically schmooze and snacks. We'll know for certain this week, and of course will totally fill you in on the details.

Enjoy an amazing dessert tonite...

No comments: