Sunday, November 23, 2008

2009 Sugar Is Art Gallery




This is the first ever Sugar Is Art Gallery, going down March 8, 2009. We are very excited about this event, as it promotes my undying love for sugar arts and gourmet sweets. I designed cakes for many moons for various events and occasions, and though I chose to stop doing cakes professionally, I never lost that passion to see and experience them. This event is my way of getting my beloved beautiful, delicious edible works of sweet art in front of the world, so that people can appreciate the tremendous amount of work and skill that goes into to creating them and they can experience them in person. Seeing them on tv is awesome- it creates that curiosity and awe; but nothing- NOTHING- beats the up close and personal moment of feasting on the edible art with your eyes while savoring the scents of luscious buttercream icing, fresh chocolate truffles, and rich vanilla as it totally surrounds you and elevates your culinary senses to an entirely different level...

Tickets for this event are on sale now, and you can get 'early bird' pricing if you get yours now. If you're a sugar enthusiast or professional, you'll really love the opportunity to participate and show your stuff!

I don't know what it is about sugar art, cakes, chocolates, etc, that draws me in. I can't resist seeing beautifully done sweets, and I always want to experience more. I want to know what its made of, how long it took, how much of a challenge it proved, the inspiration behind the design... it's especially odd that I don't have a huge sweet tooth, either, especially in comparision to the total level of adoration. :) Don't get me wrong, I love dessert, and have it as often as I can- and the more unique and untraditional the better!

The SIAG will have a major charitable aspect, and I hope that everyone who attends will participate in our efforts. Every guest is asked to bring two (2) non-perishable food items to donate at the door. The food we collect will be donated to assist Nashville's fight against hunger. With food being so near and dear to us, I think it only appropriate that we do our part to ensure that a good meal is not a privilege, but a right to every person on this planet. We also are thinking up ways to be a little more creative in the charitable food donations department- any ideas?

Though I have no interest in cake designing anymore, I still remain active in the kitchen. Once I get this part of the company set up and self-sufficient, I may have a gourmet baked line coming. More on that later.... :)

No comments: